Saturday, June 19, 2010

Strawberry Ornage Muffins

With Fruit season here I have been looking for more ways to use fruit in my baking. I have a whole bag of oranges that need to be used, plus a ton of strawberried that are almost at the end. So I found this recipe online a while back and made it for some breakfast muffins for on those busy mornings I am trying to get out the door. Enjoy.

Strawberry Ornage Muffins

1 1/4 cups strawberries -- halved
3 tablespoons butter or margarine -- melted
2 teaspoons orange rind -- grated- I added some juice from the orange.
2 large eggs
1 1/2 cups flour
1 1/4 cups sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons sugar

Combine strawberries, butter, orange rind & eggs in a blender. Process just until blended.

Combine flour, 1 1/4 cups sugar, baking powder & salt. Add strawberry mixture & stir just until moist.

Spoon batter into 12 greased muffin cups. Sprinkle tops with 2 tsp of sugar.

Bake at 400F for 20 minutes or until muffins spring back when lightly touched in center. Remove from pans immediately.

No comments: