Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Fried Rice

So a few weeks ago I had a craving for some fried rice. I went in search for a good recipe in one of my many cookbooks. I found this recipe in a Magazine Dinners for Less. I did change the recipe up some based on the veggies in the home. A plus about this recipe is that my kids loved it.

Fried Rice
Start To Finish-30 Minutes
Cost $7 for the entire recipe as is
All my changes will be in Bold

4 eggs lightlty beaten
2 tsp soy sauce
2 tsp vegetable oil
2 colves garlic, minced
1 cup celery, sliced thin (2 Stalk)- (1 stalk)
1 1/2 cup fresh mushrooms sliced- I used canned
4 cups cooked rice (I used brown)- I would definalty use white rice next time
1 cup carrots, sliced thin ( I used pre shreeeded carrots)
1cup frozen peas
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/2 cup sliced green onions
1 cup cabbage mix

1. In a small bowl, combine eggs and 2 tsp soy sauce. Set aside

2. Pour the 2 tsp oil in a skillet, heat over medium heat. Add Garlic, cook and stir for 30 seconds. Add eggs and cook until scrambled. Remove egg and set aside.

3. Pour 2 TBSP oil in skillet, heat wok over medium high heat, add celery and cabbage if used; cook and stir for 1 Minute. Add mushrooms cook for 1 minute.

4.Add cooked rice, carrots and pea. Sprinkle with the 1/4 cup soy sauce. Cook and stir fro 4 minutes or until heated through. Add cookedegg mixture and green onions. Cook and stir for 1 MINUTE.

You could add any type of meat if so inclined.

No comments: