Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Ground Beef and Cabbage Wraps

So I found a recipe like this the other day in a magazine but could not find the recipe again so I took to the world wide web. This recipe can be found ar parnetsconnect.com. This recipe is almost like the one I found in the recipe.

I was worried that the barbecue sauce and cabbage would tatse funny but man this recipe was dead on for a hot summer night. I had it completely doen in 15 minutes. The shocking thing was that both girls liked it. I did have to scrape it out of the wrap for Maddison but she still gobbled it up. Any modicfications I made are in bold.

1 pound lean ground beef
½ cup frozen chopped onion (used onion and garlic powder)8 (8-inch) flour tortillas
1 cup frozen corn kernels, thawed ( I used frozen and it was yummy)
⅔ cup barbecue sauce(mmaybe used 1/2 cup)
½ (16-ounce) package coleslaw mix, not dressed

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. (Did not use, used the microwave)


In the bottom of a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook beef and onion until beef is fully cooked through, about 10 minutes.


While beef is cooking, warm the tortillas according to package directions.


Add corn and barbecue sauce to the beef and onion, stirring well to mix, and cook for 2 minutes, until heated through.


To serve, place about ½ to ⅖ cup of beef mixture on each tortilla, top with a small handful of slaw, and roll into wraps.

No comments: