Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Mock Chicken Alfredo

SO my hubby the picky one will eating nothing with veggies or onions. Hence I hide the onion. Yet my hubby loves a good alfredo recipe.
On monday I was slammed for time becuase of work so I planned ahead. I threw 2 chicken breats in a crockpot full of homemade broth and lett simmer on low all day.

When I got home I cooked up a bag of rotini, shredded the chicken and took out a jar of alfredo sacue. I know alot of people don't like proceessed foods but I am ok with them since I have a pciky hubby.

My Hubby took 2 bites of this and said it was good and one of the best he has had in a while. To get that type of complment from him after 2 bites is great.

I was planning on taking pictures but we finished it before I got a chance.

Mock Chicken Alfredo
2 chicken Breast
chicken stock
jar alfredo
mozzarella cheese (1/2 cup to a cup)
1/4 cup milk.

Throw the chicken breast in the crockpot and add the stock. I used homemade and add to add a cup of water. Let simmer on low for 8 hours or more. When you get home turn the crockpot off and let the chicken cool. During this time bring a pot of water to boil, add noodles and cook for 7-8 minutes. Drain pasta, add chicken, cheese, alfredo sauce. Once the jar is empty add the milk and swish around and then add to the pot. Stir well and put in a baking dish. Bake for 20 minutes at 350.

No comments: