Saturday, May 15, 2010

Cupcake Saturday- Orange Creamsicle Cupcakes

For my second installment of Cupcake saturday I bring you one of the best cupcakes in my opionion. Theses cupckaes were like heaven in my mouth. I did alter the frosting some but the recipe is the same as the original. I found this recipe at catberner.wordpress.com. These cupcakes were again for my girls teachers appreciation week. Sorry no pictures but I am working on getting this fixed

Orange Creamsicle Cupcakes
Orange Cupcake Ingredients:

2 1/2 cups flour
2 cups granulated sugar
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
3 eggs
2 Tb orange zest
2 tsp vanilla extract
3/4 cup vegetable oil
1 cup buttermilk

Preheat oven to 350F. Line 24 muffin cups with paper liners. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and 1 cup sugar until blended. In another large bowl beat together eggs, vanilla, orange zest, and remaining 1 cup sugar. Beat in oil and buttermilk until blended. On low speed, beat in flour mixture just until blended. Spoon about 1/4 cup batter into each muffin cup. Bake 25-28 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool completely on a wire rack. Frost with orange cream frosting

Orange Cream Frosting Ingredients:This is where I altered the recipe

8oz cream cheese, softened
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 tsp orange zest
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
I cut the orange in half that I zested and squeezed the juice in to the mixture.
I also used 3-4 tbsp of buttermilk because it was not thin enough.

To make orange cream frosting, beat together cream cheese, vanilla extract, orange zest, and ornage jucie on low speed. Add powdered sugar, and beat until combined add milk until you get the deisred texture you want.. Refrigerate until firm enough to spread.

No comments: