Saturday, February 7, 2009

Unstuffed Pepper Soup!!

I am a huge soup fan. I alos love stuffed peppers but I rarely eat them because the DH does not eat vegetables at . So when I have craving for stuffed peppers I make this. I usually make a huge batch and freze a bunch so I can have it when ever. I have modified it but if you want the original recipe leave me a comment and I will get it to u.

Unstuffed Pepper Soup

1/2lb ground turkey
2 large green peppers chopped
1 can beef broth plus one cup water
1 can v8 concentrat
1 can diced tomatoes plus one cup water
1 can mushrooms, drained
1 cup rice cooked or you can add uncooked to the recipe

In dutch oven ground turkey, drain. When cooked add all other ingredients except rice (unless you are using uncooked rice). Bring to a boil and at this time you can add uncooked rice. Simmer for 30-45 minutes. If using cooked riced add in the last 10 minutes.

Enjoy!!!!

No comments: