Saturday, February 21, 2009

Butterfinger Cookies

I have seen this recipes several times on several different blogs but never thought to make them. Yet, this past week I decided to try my hand at them. I can honestly say are one of my favorite cookies. I am going to try in the coming weeks to make them with resse's. One thing I would change is to add a few more butterfingers(I used small ones). Hope you enjoy


BUTTERFINGER COOKIES INGREDIENTS
1/2 c. butter, softened
3/4 c. sugar
2/3 c. brown sugar
2 egg whites
1 1/4 c. chunky peanut butter
1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
1 c. flour
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
5 Butterfinger candy bars (2.1 ounces each), chopped
DIRECTIONS**Cream butter and sugars. Add egg whites; beat well.
**Blend in peanut butter and vanilla.
**Combine flour, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in candy bars.
**Shape into 1 1/2 inch balls and place on greased baking sheets. I use parchment paper instead and highly recommend it over greasing the pan. The cookies come off the paper without any problem and you don't have to wash crusted on cookie bits from the baking sheets.
**Bake at 350 degrees for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on wire racks.

No comments: