Sunday, February 8, 2009

Mac and Cheese Casserole

MY husband loves mac and cheese but I am not a huge fan of it.When he returned from Iraq he begged me to make it. Well it has taken me over 6 weeks but we had steaks for dinner tonight so I decided to make it. Needless to say this is loaded in calories.

Mac and cheese casserole

8oz elbow macaroni, uncooked(I usually use 2 cups)
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup flour
2 cup milk
6 oz Velveeta (I use 8 oz plus 2 additional oz for the top)

Preheat the oven to 35f. Cook macaroni according to package directions. Meanwhile in large saucepan melt the butter. Whisk in flour to make paste. Gradually add the milk. Bring to a simmer over high heat while stirring. Add cheese reduce heat to low. Stir in cooked macaroni and then put into a greased baking dish. Bake for 25 minutes. Add additional cheese and bake 5 more minutes.

No comments: