Saturday, January 15, 2011

Zucchini Pizza Bite

So I have a confession, I don't like pizza, the only time I really want to eat it is when I am craving pizza. However I saw this recipe on one of the many blogs that I visit( not sure which one. These caught my eye becasue I love zucchini and I have some tomato sauce in my refirgartor. These recipes would be could serve as a appietezer. Plus thye are low calorie but high in protein which I always have a hard time eating. SO without further ado here is the simple but yummy recipe.

Zucchini Pizza Bite
4 slices large zucchini 1/4 inch thick
2 tbsp pizza bite
1/4 cup mozzarella

Cut zucchini about 1/4 inch thich. Spry both sides with cookign spray,and season with salt and pepper. Broil or grill about 2 minutes on each side. I would say do it about 3 minutes. Top with sauce and chesse and cook for an addiitonal minute. I have to say that I broiled it for about 3 minutes I think next time I will cook for about 5 minutes to make the cheese a little bit crunchy.

Serving Size- 4 slices
Calories 124.8
Fat-5.7
protein-8.2

1 comment:

Desiree said...

That is such a great idea, I am going to have to try these. I don't tolerate gluten very well so this would be a great way to still eat pizza. Another way I like to eat zucchini is made into fries http://www.unconventionalkitchen.com/zucchini-fries.