Monday, January 17, 2011

Chicken Pot Pie Soup

So I love chicken pot pie however have you ever looked at the back of a chicken pot pie box, there is 550 calories or more per servings and there is 2 servings in a box. However I saw this recipe over at skinnytaste.com for chicken pot pie soup which has everything but the crust but you can add bread if you want. I decided to try my hand at this recipe and all I have to say is yummo. I did change it up a tiny bit but you can find the original over at skinnytaste.com

Chicken Pot Pie Soup

1/4 cup Flour
2 cups water
4 cup lowfat milk
1 large celery, chopped
1/2 onion, chopped
2 chicken bouillons
pepper
Thyme-pinch of
10 oz frozen veggies- I used 16 oz
2 potatoes peeled and cubed- I used small ones
2 pieces of chicken, cooked and diced small
salt

Create a slurry by combining flour and 1/2 c cold water. Set aside
Pour remaining water and milk into a large pot and bring to a boil. Add celery, onion, chicken bouillions, thyme pepper, and frozen veggie, return to a boil, partially cover the pot and simmer on low for 20 minutes. Remove lid add potatoes and chicken and simmer additional 10 minutes. Then add the slurry and stir while adding (soup will thicken). Cook additional 2-3 minutes. Serve.

Serving Size- 1 cup
Calories- 169.2
Fat-1.2
protein- 18.5
Fiber-2.3

Serving Size- 1 1/2 cup
Calories- 253.8
Fat-1.8
protein-27.7
fiber- 3.5

2 comments:

Unknown said...

This sounds really good! I'll have to give it a try soon.

Jessica said...

Thanks for visiting April. Itwas supper yummy and super easy