Sunday, May 3, 2009

Recipe Review: Fuji Fritters

So for my first review I was doubting what to do and after much debate I chose this recipe fro two reasons. The first is because my daughter needed something to take to school for teacher appreciation and the first day is apples, The second reason is because I have never made a fritter. It was so easy and will be making these again.







Before Baking



Fuji Fritters.


Makes 12




For Apple mixture


3 Cups fuji apples, peeled and cubed


3 tbsp splenda


1 tbsp cornstarch


1 tsp cinnamon


1 tsp vanilla



For Fritter Base


1 1/3 cup regular oats ( not instant)


2/3 cup Bisquick Heart Smart Baking mix


2/3 cup vanilla soy milk


2 tbsp brown sugar not packed


1 1/2 tbsp butter


1 tsp baking powder



Directions


Preheat oven to 400


Place apples chunks in a medium microwave safe bowl with 1/4 cup water. Cover and microwave for two and half minutes. Drain and set aside


In a medium unheated pot, combine splenda, cinnamon, vanilla, and cornstarch with 1/2 cup cold water. Cook over medium heat, stir occasionally. Continue to cook and stir until thickened to a caramel sauce like consistency. Remove pot from heat and stir in apple chunks.


In a large mixing bowl, combine all of the ingredients for fritter base until mixed well. Fold apples into the fritter base.


Spray two large baking sheets with nonstick spray. Evenly distribute batter into twelve mounds. They will expand.


Bake for 10-15 minutes(I did 13) minutes until a toothpick is inserted and comes out clean.




After Baking





Nutrution Facts( 1 fritter)

93 calories

1.75 grams of fat

121 mg sodium

17.5 carbs

1.5 g fiber

5.5 g sugars

2 g protein


My Thoughts





I did not have any oats in the house and was not going out with 2 kids in a storm so I used bisquick for the whole recipe. I feel that they came out wonderful. I am not a big fan of apples so it was hard for me to truly like but my kids love them.Hopefully her teacher likes them.



My rating 4. 2/ 5



Let me know what you think

No comments: