Sunday, May 3, 2009

Healthy Dinner that My kids Like!!!

So when I do my grocery shopping I always buy some tiliapia. This fish is a mild fish and does not have a fishy taste. My oldest child can eat two pieces. My husband does not like but will eat it because he knows it is good for them and him. Tonight I paired it with a brown rice recipe that I loved. Definitely will be making again.

Tilapia with Garlic Butter
Ingredients:
2 tablespoons butter ( I used 4 tsp butter and 2 tsp olive oil)
2 cloves garlic, finely minced( I used freeze dried and garlic powder)
dash pepper
dash salt
pinch dried dillweed or parsley
dash paprika
4 tilapia fillets ( I had 6 which is why I had more butter)

Preparation:In saucepan, combine butter, garlic, pepper, salt, dillweed, and paprika. Heat over low heat until butter is melted and starts simmering. Remove from heat. Brush a little of the butter mixture in the bottom of a shallow baking dish (line baking dish with foil, if desired) then place tilapia fillets on the buttered area. Brush top of each tilapia fillet with the seasoned butter mixture. Bake at 350° for 12 to 15 minutes, until tilapia flakes easily with a fork.Serves 2.



Brown Rice Recipe
Cook Time: 12 minutes
Ingredients:
1/2 cup chopped onion ( I used red onion)
1/4 cup finely chopped green pepper
1/4 cup butter or margarine( I used 2 tsp olive oil)
1 can or jar (4 ounces) mushroom pieces
3 cups cooked brown rice (I used 2 cups)
3/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1 tsp garlic powder
1tsp onion powder

Preparation:In a skillet over medium low heat, melt butter. Cook chopped onion and green bell pepper in butter for 4 minutes. Add remaining ingredients; cook until hot and lightly browned, stirring occasionally.Serves 4 plus I had some leftover for lunch tomorrow

Be sure to check back tomorrow for the weekly recipe from the 200 recipes under 200 calories.

No comments: