Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Pizza in a Pot!!

So I am a very busy person. I work part time, I am a full time mom, and a fulltime student plus I am married to a very supportive man. For this reason I am alawysa looking for great recipes that can be cooked in my crock pot. My husband is not a big fan of the crockpot but I am so I try to cook in it 2 -3 times a week. This recipe I got from my Taste Of Home slow cooker cook book. It is yummy and taste just like pizza with the pasta. Enjoy

Pizza IN a Pot
1 1/2 lb ground beef
1 medium green pepper chopped
1 medium onion chopped
1 can (15 oz) tomato sauce
1 jar (14 oz) pizza sauce
2 tbsp tomato paste
3 cups spiral pasta, cooked and drained
2 packages(3 1/2 oz each) pepperoni
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese

In large skillet cook the beef, green pepper, onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink:drain. Stir in the tomato sauce, pizza sauce, and tomato paste.

In a 5 qt slow cooker, layer the pasta, beef mixture, pepperoni, and cheese. Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours. Server with a salad and garlic bread.

No comments: