Saturday, November 22, 2008

Portabella Mushrooms

So I went to the grocery store on Thursday and they had these beautiful Portabella mushrooms and I have always wanted to try them as a burger since so many people have loved them. I bought 2 and made them for lunch today. I did not make any for the kids because they do not eat mushrooms. Here is the following recipe that I used. Very Yummy and filling.

Portabella Mushrooms
2 portabella mushrooms
4 tsp olive oil
1 tsp basil
1 clove garlic chopped
salt and Pepper to taste

Put 1 tsp if olive oil on both sides. On the underside of the mushrooms add basil, garlic and salt and pepper. Let marinate for 1 hour. Grill for 3 to 4 minutes on low heat. I served my with a garlic mayo and cabbage on the top.

The mayo

1 tbsp light Mayo
1/2 tsp garlic
1/2 tsp worceshire

Mix all and put on both the top and bottom bun.

I was very stuffed ater eating just one so the other one will be lunch tomorrow.

2 comments:

Brandi said...

Wow, you really ate that?

Jessica said...

Yes I did and I have bought more. They are so yummy u should try some