Sunday, November 23, 2008

Chicken and Spaghetti Squash

Tonight for dinner I made the Chicken and Spaghetti Squash from the Family Circle Magazine the December 2008 edition. I knew I was taking a risk by feeding my kids this but I wanted to try. I did change the recipe a little bit. Hope you enjoy if you try it.

Chicken and Spaghetti Squash

1 large Spaghetti Squash
1tbsp olive oil (original called for 2 tbsp)
4 oz can of mushrooms (10oz sliced in original)
1 clove garlic(3 cloves)
1 can diced tomatoes (2 cans)
2 chicken breast cut into pieces(3 pieces)
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp red pepper flakes( I did not use)
1/2 cup spinach torn in to pieces( basil was used originally)
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese

Heat Oven to 350

Cut squash in half lengthwise. Scoop Out seeds. Place in a 9x13 baking dish cut side up. Add 1/2 cup water and cover tightly with foil. Bake for 50 -60 minutes

While squash is baking make the sauce. Heat olive oil in a large nonstick pan over medium high heat add garlic and mushrooms and saute for 5 minutes. Stir in tomatoes, chicken, salt and red pepper flakes cook for 6 minutes. Put spinach in and stir. To serve shred the spaghetti out of the shell and put onto separate plates. Serve with chicken mixture and cheese.

The nutrition info
292 calories per serving
10g fat
30 g protein
21 g carbs
5 g fiber
714mg sodium
69 mg cholesterol

No comments: