Saturday, June 12, 2010

Cupcake Saturday- Apple Muffins

Ok so I know this is not a cupcake recipe but I had 2 aples in my refrigertor that I needed to use up. So on the search I went for a recipe. I found this recipe at thegirlwhoateeverything.blogspot.com. My kids loved this recipe. i think it was the brown sugar topping.

So Here you go. Enjoy



Apple Muffins
by Marissa Pinon

Cream together:

2 cups sugar
2 eggs
1 cup oil
1 Tablespoon vanilla

Sift: ( She didn't sift and either did I and they turned out great )
3 cups flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon

3 cups peeled, cored, diced apples (around 3 apples)
Brown sugar for topping (around 1/2 cup)

Directions:
Add dry ingredients to creamed mixture. The batter will be very thick. Add the diced apples.

Butter & flour muffin tins or use paper liners. Fill muffin tins to the top. Sprinkle with brown sugar.

Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes. Makes 18-24 muffins

No comments: