Saturday, December 6, 2008

Cinnamon Ornaments!!!

So I am babysitting 2 extra kids on top of my two and I needed something fun to do. I found this recipe for cinnamon ornaments on another website and modified it some. This recipe made 8 ornaments with a little left over. I will defintley be making more of these next weekend as christmas presents from the girls. I know cheap but handmade is the bets way to go. So enjoy the recipe and remember to have some fun with your kids.

Cinnamon Ornaments

Ingredients
3/4 cup applesauce1 bottle (4.12 ounces) McCormick® Cinnamon, Ground
Cookie cutters
Drinking straw
Colorful ribbon

Preparation

1Preheat oven to 200°F.

2Mix applesauce and cinnamon with hands in small bowl until a smooth ball of dough is formed. Using about 1/4 of the dough at a time, roll dough to 1/4-inch to 1/3-inch thickness between two sheets of plastic wrap. Peel off top sheet of plastic wrap; cut dough into desired shapes with cookie cutters. Make a hole in top of ornament with drinking straw. Place ornaments on baking sheet.

3Bake for 2 1/2 hours. Cool ornaments on wire rack. (Or, to dry ornaments at room temperature, carefully place them on wire rack. Let stand 1 to 2 days or until thoroughly dry, turning occasionally.)

4Insert ribbon through holes and tie to hang. Decorate as deisired. I am going to be using glitter on them .

No comments: