Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Veggie Kinda Night!!

Tonight I made Veggie Shells which is from the Busy woman's cookbook. I did have too modify it because it would have been too much for my small family. While my kids did not eat more than half a bowl it was loaded with the veggies they neglect and could only have a piece of pumpkin bread if they ate it. If I modify the recipe I will have the original in parenthesis.

Veggie Shells

1 yellow sqaush, peeled,and chopped (2 )
1 zucchini sliced(2)
1 cup frozen corn (1 10 oz bag corn frozen)
1 sweet bell pepper (did not use)
1 can stewed tomatoes
1 tsp Italian seasoning
2 tsp oregano
1 can beef broth( 2 cans)
1 cup bow tie pasta( 3/4 cup small shell pasta)

In slow cooker combine squash, zucchini, corn, bell pepper, tomatoes, seasonings, beef broth, and 2 cups water (I did not use).

Cover and cook on low for 6 to 7 hours

Add pasta and cook additional 30 to 45 minutes.

Garnish with mozzarella cheese. Serves 4 to 5.

No comments: