Monday, September 5, 2011

Home style mac and cheese

SO lately I have been on the lookout for a yummy homemade mac and cheese. I am not a huge fan but like the homemade a lot better than the boxed crap. However my kids love the box crap and my hubby could care less as long as it is good. Today I bring you a yummy recipe that my kids and yummy liked. Next time i make it I will be able to eat it since I will make it on a loading day fro my HCG diet.

Home style mac and cheese from the dinner doctor

cooking spray
8 oz dried elbow noodles
salt
1 container (10 oz ) Alfredo sauce- the recipe called for refrigerated kind however I used jar as it is cheaper, next time only will use half a jar
3 cups shredded cheese


1. preheat oven to 375
2 Lightly spray a baking pan with cooking spray.
3. bring a large pot of water to a bowl and as the noodles and let cook fro 8 minutes. drain but reserve cup of water.
4. Transfer the noodles to the dish, add the past sure, 2 cups of cheese and water Stir until well blended. Scatter remaining one cup cheese over the noodles.
5. bake 20-25 minutes. I would say 15 is more than enough.

No comments: