Sunday, November 22, 2009

Jeannie's Lasgna

Ok I wish I could say that I created this great recipes bu I did not. I got it from
the Williams Family Blog.
This recipe is awesome I have made it twice but did modify it because we do not like the taste of curry.
Here is a quick and easy recipe.

6 lasagna noodles
1 lb ground beef
1 onion, chopped (did not use as hubby does not like onions)
1 jar spaghetti sauce (original or traditional)
1/2 tsp curry powder(did not use)
1 tsp oregano or Italian seasoning
8 oz cottage cheese
8 oz mozzarella cheese, shredded
8 oz cheddar cheese, shredded

1. Preheat oven to 350.

2. Cook lasagna noodles per package directions

3. Chop onion. ( if you plan on using)

4. Brown hamburger and onion.

5. Add jar of spaghetti sauce, curry powder, and Italian seasoning

6. Simmer until most of liquid is gone.(I do this for about 10 minutes)

7. Layer:
3 noodles, ½ meat sauce, ½ cottage cheese, ½ mozzarella cheese, ½ cheddar cheese.
Repeat layers.

8. Bake uncovered for 30-45 minutes

Enjoy.


Tomorrow: Homemade Cranberry Sauce.

2 comments:

gg davenport said...

wow..yummy lasagna treat..

Aileen said...

Yummy. deliously. Im a fan!