Tuesday, July 7, 2009

South of the Border Chicken and Pasta Skillet

This recipe comes from Sam's Club Recipes.

While I like this dish my husband was not a fan of it because of the salsa.The next time I make it I will use a can of tomato sauce that way he will eat it.

South of the Border Chicken and Pasta Skillet
2 Cups medium size pasta
2 chicken breast skinless and boneless cut into inch cubes
16 oz salsa
4 oz cream cheese cubed
1/4 tsp cumin
1 cup cheese

Cook pasta according to directions. Meanwhile cook chicken on medium heat for 6 minutes or until juices run clear. Add salsa, cream cheese and cumin. Simmer on medium low for 6 minutes or until cream cheese is melted.
Drain Pasta; add to skillet along with half of the cheese. Simmer 3 minutes.Top with remaining cheese and remove from heat and let stand 5 minutes.

I served it with broccoli and garlic bread.

No comments: